It’s one of the biggest sporting events of the year and you’re having people over. You want to make something easy but delicious. Something that you can eat with your hands but that doesn’t get too messy. Whether you’re drinking beer, cider, or wine, these recipes all have a delightful lemon-inspired twist to help make this the most satisfying Super Bowl Sunday ever.
All recipes were provided by the good folks at Savanna Dry, but I’ve put a little ‘Cheryl’ spin on each of them for those who are feeling exceptionally adventurous. Game on!
- 2 medium lemons
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. mint, minced
- Cut ends off the lemons, exposing the fruit. Stand it up on one end and use a knife to remove the peel and pith.
- Chop the lemon flesh into small pieces. Discard the seeds and large pieces of membrane.
- Transfer lemon and juices to a small bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve with tortilla chips.
- Cheryl’s Twist: Add chopped cucumber to make this dish even more refreshingly satisfying.
Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- Heat oil in deep fryer. Place seasoning in a bowl or zip style bag and set aside.
- Deep fry wings for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Take cooked wings and place into seasoning and coat. Make sure the wings are still hot in order for seasoning to stick.
- Cheryl’s Twist: Coat the wings in two heaping tablespoons of corn starch before cooking to make the wings perfectly crispy.
Dill, Cucumber and Lemon Dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 cup diced and peeled cucumber
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, minced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Place yogurt into a small bowl and add cucumber, garlic, dill, and lemon juice.
- Stir ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips or vegetables.
- Cheryl’s Twist: Toss in a tablespoon of paprika to make this the best tzatziki you’ll find this side of the Atlantic.
And don’t forget to pair your Super Bowl appetizer creations with a few bottles of Savanna Dry!